Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: The Classic S'more, With A Twist!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Classic S'more, With A Twist!

A picture is worth a thousand words so lets start with pictures!

Remember the 4 mile bridge to Washington? I thought I would share the crossing. Coming over the bridge, it started out kind of like a roller coaster. You kind of lose your tummy going over that little hill. This is one long bridge. Ohh...but what a fun bridge. Washington bound!
This was our first stop in Washington at Kalaloch (claylock) National Park. The beach was beautiful once you got past the logs. Actually, they were fun to climb over!

You can see the back of some of the trailers up on the bluff. We were backed up to the beach with just a short walk down the trail. It took longer to climb over the logs then it did to walk there. Even the dog had a jolly good time.


We had gorgeous sunsets. I couldn't decide which picture to share so here is a Mosaic. It wasn't dark till after 10 o'clock each night. That really screwed with my inner clock!



This is Ruby beach a few miles north of where we stayed. I must say, this was my favorite beach. It reminded me of Hawaii in so many ways. The turquoise water, the black sand beach, the breath taking scenery. The only problem is, it's not Hawaii and that is not black sand beach. But if you lay on the beach and and smell that the sea air, you might as well be in Hawaii.



Doesn't that look like black sand to you? I wished I had brought a book and a picnic! A Mai Tai cocktail with an umbrella would of been a nice touch too!

S'more time! But why go for the same ol' thing? We added a little pizazz with different frosting and different candy bars. Or, how about one with Nutella? A twist on an old classic.

Here is one with a peanut butter cup. I believe this one to be my hubby's favorite. I got a little piggish and had this one with 2 marshmallows. I believe one is enough!


I know, I already showed you this sunset picture. But it is one of my favorites and I wanted you to see a larger picture. It's really an awesome sunset.
Our next stop? Port Angeles, Washington.
************************************************************
Totals so far:
Gas-$280.00
Camping-$187.00
Golf-$130.00
Total Distance-about 850 miles
Recommended reading:
The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright
Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber
*************************************************************

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Patsyk said...

Those pictures are absolutely stunning! I'm sure I'd lose my stomach going over that bridge! I've never been out to Washington or Oregon - one of these days we are going to have to make that trip since it's so beautiful!

Love your twist on the s'mores! Making me crave one now!

July 17, 2008 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

i have such vacation envy. fabulous bridge, and shore. wow. beats Florida hands down!

July 17, 2008 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

Oh man you took some AMAZING photos! You should consider entering them into photo contests. Or getting them enlarged a bit for a frame on your wall. And I never would have thought about peanut butter cups in my smores!

July 17, 2008 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger April said...

Love the pictures! And the smore looks delish!! That bridge would have put me in panic mode!

July 17, 2008 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

We love to try different candy bars in our s'mores. My favorite is a caramello or the symphony bar with toffee!

July 17, 2008 at 1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! My daughter was delighted to see the photo of your smore with the peanut butter cup. Her favorite candy! Too bad her boring old mom never thinks of anything by the regular stuff. Thanks for the ideas.

July 17, 2008 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

Such beautiful pictures!

July 18, 2008 at 1:57 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

How beautiful! I've never been to Washington. I can see I'm definitely going to have to get out there sometime.

The s'mores look great! We're camping tonight so they'll be a great surprise for the kids!

July 18, 2008 at 7:28 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bakes said...

I enjoyed your trip pictures. It sounds like a trip I would love to take.

July 19, 2008 at 1:02 PM  
Blogger Geggie said...

So...I have a gas stove now. Does that mean I can make stove top s'mores?

July 19, 2008 at 4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have to say that two marshmallows is the right number for a s'more myself. And nutella in one is just plain decadent! I will be doing that next time for sure!

July 22, 2008 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger Niki said...

Such a beautiful vacation! You're so lucky! And that smore is MASSIVE. [grabby hands]

July 23, 2008 at 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home