Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Parmesan Chicken

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Parmesan Chicken



It's time for the Barefoot Bloggers and this weeks recipe was chose by Megan of My Baking Adventure.
This is a great recipe using ingredients I know I always have on hand. In fact it's so easy, I only had to read the recipe once. The only changes I made were using egg substitute instead of whole eggs. I didn't serve it with the salad so I didn't make the vinaigrette. I served mine with fresh roasted potatoes from the farmers market.




I recommend you check out the other Barefoot Bloggers and their website. Maybe it will encourage you to become a Barefoot Blogger!!!

*************************************************************

REMINDER

Tomorrow is the last day to sign-up for the *Taste Like Home* local goodie swap. If your interested, e-mail April or myself and let's get you signed up!

Want to know who else is participating?
Check it out here!

*************************************************************

Parmesan Chicken
By Ina Garten

4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 extra-large eggs
1 tablespoon water
1 1/4 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus extra for serving
Unsalted butter
Good olive oil
Salad greens for 6, washed and spun dry
1 recipe Lemon Vinaigrette, recipe follows

Pound the chicken breasts until they are 1/4-inch thick. .
Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a dinner plate.

On a second plate, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water.

On a third plate, combine the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan. Coat the chicken on both sides with the flour mixture, then dip into the egg mixture and dredge in the bread-crumb mixture, pressing lightly.

Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan and cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts.

Toss the salad greens with lemon vinaigrette. Place a mound of salad on each hot chicken breast. Serve with extra grated Parmesan.

Lemon Vinaigrette:


1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
1/2 cup good olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Yield: 6 servings

************************************************************

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger April said...

I have seen this recipe a couple of times today. This recipe looks wonderful! I am going to have to add it to my menu soon!

June 26, 2008 at 8:29 AM  
Blogger Chanonn said...

This looks so homemade...yum!!

June 26, 2008 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger glamah16 said...

I have been cooking my chicken in a similar fashion and its really good. I love that cheese crust.

June 26, 2008 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Parmesean chicken is the best! I love your farmer's market potatoes. They look lovely and delicious!

June 26, 2008 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger Prudy said...

The chicken looks so yummy. Great job.

June 26, 2008 at 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home