Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcakes on a Smokey Day

Monday, June 23, 2008

Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcakes on a Smokey Day


Northern California is on fire. We had an electrical storm last weekend and it has set more that 800 fires in Northern Calif.. More then 100 of those fires are in Shasta County. That's were I live. Many of those fires aren't even manned because resources are spread so thin. The air is thick with smoke and there is a thin layer of ash covering everything.


With air quality warnings in effect, it was a good day to stay in doors. So when my daughter asked to make a cake, I talked her into cupcakes. And to clean out the pantry, she used a can of Cherries and a boxed cake mix. But you could make your own cake batter, if that is more your style. For a 13 year old in my kitchen, were staying with the box of mix!


She made the cake mix, drained the cherries, and divided them between the cupcakes.



Then covered with chocolate batter.

Baked and frosted with an almond buttercream.

I was going to let her use a pastry bag and a large tip to make beautiful swirls of frosting on the cupcakes, but, my tip got gobbled up by the darn garbage disposal.
Yea... I kind of need to replace that!


They're expecting more thunderstorms this weekend.
God Bless the firefighter!!!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Your daughter did a great job!! I was wondering if the fires were close to you! Stay safe!

June 24, 2008 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I had to laugh, because I have lost several of my tips to the garbage disposal!! The cupcakes sound delicious.

Hope the fires get under control soon and everything is ok!

June 24, 2008 at 2:18 PM  
Blogger glamah16 said...

Yikes! But what a great tasty way to bond with your daughter.

June 24, 2008 at 7:11 PM  
Blogger Shana said...

Hi! I haven't stopped by in awhile. WOW, those pictures sure says it all! I hope that they get things under control soon.

June 24, 2008 at 8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scary! We have lots of thunderstorms here but the result is rarely a forest fire.

Glad you have cupcakes to soothe your nerves!

June 25, 2008 at 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks so sweet, there gets I hunger sweetly sweetly:)

June 26, 2008 at 12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home