Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: The Besy Snickerdoodles I Ever Made!

Friday, June 27, 2008

The Besy Snickerdoodles I Ever Made!


Well,...

actually, ...

There the only ones I've ever made.

Darling Daughter gives Them a Thumbs up!

I almost past on this months Cookie Carnival partly because I didn't think we were a snickerdoodle family and because Kellie (above, how cute is she?) is going on a camping trip and she wanted to take homemade Biscotti. We are definitely a Biscotti kind of family. So Biscotti it was.

WAS.

Until I showed her a picture of April's snickerdoodles. All of a sudden, before my eye's, we became a snickerdoodle family.



These cookies were so soft and chewy. I'm eating one right now for breakfast research. When I asked the hubby for his opinion, he said "Mmmm, there so chewy and, and, Mmmmm!"

That's a thumbs up!



Who knew we were snickerdoodlers? They're so soft and chewy.

" To go"

We have them all packed to go camping, but they still have to make it through one more day.

Will they make it to the camping trip?

Did I tell you how soft and chewy they are?

Snickerdoodles

Makes 4 dozen.
* 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
* 1/2 cup pure vegetable shortening
* 1 3/4 cups sugar, plus more if needed
* 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon, plus more if needed
* 2 large eggs

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, with one rack in top third and one rack in bottom third of oven. Line baking sheets with Silpat baking mats or parchment paper; set aside.
2. Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine butter, shortening, and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add eggs, and beat to combine. Add dry ingredients, and beat to combine.
3. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar

******************************************************

More cookie recipes

Blueberry Drop Cookies

Cinnaspin cookie

Vanilla Bean Thins

Chocolate shortbread Ole"

Chocolate and Raspberry dream Bars

***************************************************

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger glamah16 said...

Oh man those look good!

June 27, 2008 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger April said...

I am so glad that you have converted to a snickerdoodler! I am not a huge fan of them, but the hubby and kids are. Your daughter is gorgeous!

June 27, 2008 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I LOVE snickerdoodles. I made some back in the beginning of my blog that I think are the best ones I've made, but I haven't made them since. I guess there are too many recipes to try out there!!

June 27, 2008 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Glamah- They were!

april-Snickerdoodlers unite!

deborah-You got that right! Tonight is your onoin pie!

June 28, 2008 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger test it comm said...

Those snickerdoodles look good! They have been on my to try list for a while.

June 28, 2008 at 1:06 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Thank you so much for the comment on my blog! I must say that I was not much of a "Snickerdoodler" myself, but that has been changed thanks to a ride at the Carnival!

June 30, 2008 at 6:38 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

I can smell them from here! I love making biscotti too. The flavor options rock! Nut or no nuts, chocolate,vanilla or anise ...chips, cherries or crans?

June 30, 2008 at 9:53 PM  
Blogger Patsyk said...

we love snickerdoodles... and they are so simple to make, too! Yum!

July 1, 2008 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger Niki said...

Snickerdoodles are my FAVORITE!! Those look so delicious. Chewy too?? Mmmm!

July 3, 2008 at 2:55 PM  
Blogger jenniferhoiyin said...

they look so soft and delicious, great job!

July 3, 2008 at 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home