Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: We're On The Road!

Saturday, July 5, 2008

We're On The Road!


We made it to Sutherland, OR. We met our friends, Cindy and Andy, who are going to be with us on the first leg of our journey. We met them at the Umpqua Golf Resort.

Today, were heading to the coast and staying at Beachside State Park.




Dinner was simple. Just Grilled pastrami and caramelized onion on rye swirl bread. Celebrating in style with some Red, white, and blue beans. AKA my baked beans. I really need to give you that recipe. (I'll put that on my *to do* list)
It might not of been the great American cookout but it was the 4th of July. Maybe there was beer or two.


I was walking the dog and came across this bird in the tree. It made me smile!



Here are our trailers perched up on the hill. Were the left trailer and our friends are on the right. This is a cute little RV park and a great place to stay. We usually don't do RV parks but they re OK when your traveling through. Or in the boy's opinion, when you want to play golf.

Total cost so far:

Gas $122.00

Park-$22.50

Golf-??? (I really should keep track of that!)

Distance traveled-270 miles (so far)



We're on the road again!

***************************************

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun! My hubby has always wanted to do a RV trip like that. And yes, better keep up with that golf tab!

July 5, 2008 at 10:05 AM  
Blogger glamah16 said...

Great trip. Gas is the costliest part of the trip.

July 5, 2008 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger April said...

I know that you guys are having a blast! I am looking forward to the updates, kind of like my own vacation...only imaginative!

July 5, 2008 at 3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time leave the dog and take me! I won't eat much, I promise...lol

July 6, 2008 at 4:25 AM  
Blogger Shelby said...

Its awesome that you are able to blog while your traveling! Sounds like your off to a good start having a good time! I loved seeing that bird. I have never been on the west coast. Furthest west I have ever been is Iowa - have been all over the eastern coast though, from NY to Florida!

July 6, 2008 at 5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home