Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Almond Poppy Seed Muffin Recipe

Friday, September 25, 2009

Almond Poppy Seed Muffin Recipe

I feel like I’m going to the land of Oz!
I’m actually off to San Francisco for the Blogher Food conference.
It’s going to be a foodies dream weekend and I am beyond excited.
The food, the friends, the fun. Everything is lined up.
I’ll be shopping,  dining on French cuisine, and hopefully, drinks with a whole group of bloggers the night before the conference even starts.That will be fun! Then there is the After-Party that I’m sure will be the “must not miss” party of the weekend.  But the big event will be the conference on Saturday.
 almond poppy seed muffins
But I didn’t forget about you dear readers. I made a batch of muffins to hold you over till I return. Almond Poppy Seed Muffins. They were sweet with a hint of lemon. I thought they were delicious, but the kiddo (whom I specially made them for) didn’t like them. She didn’t like the lemon. Next time I’ll try it without and see if she likes them  that way. But for me, they were great! Perfect with a cup of coffee and a splash of Ameretto. Because it’s the weekend! :-)
almond poppy seed muffin
PERFECT ALMOND POPPY - SEED MUFFINS
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. poppy seeds
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. unsalted butter, soft
4 egg whites (or 2 eggs)
1 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
1 c. plain lowfat yogurt
1/4 c. crushed almonds

Line 18 muffin cups with paper bake cups. Combine flour, poppy seed and baking soda; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in egg whites or eggs, almond and lemon peel. Add the (flour) mixture and yogurt alternately to the beaten mixture, beating after each addition until combined. Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle with crushed almonds if desired. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden.
Foodie_Friday_Logo_2
I’m linking this post to  Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday! Please stop by and see a list of all the participants. See ya next week. Have a wonderful weekend!

19 Comments:

Blogger LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HAVE FUN!!! If I didn't have classes, I'd be attending as well :(

September 25, 2009 at 6:24 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bakes said...

I'm going to have to attend vicariously so I'll be looking forward to hearing all about it. I would love the lemon in these muffins!

September 25, 2009 at 6:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I always make lemon poppy seed muffins, but never almond. I will have to give this a try. Geri

September 25, 2009 at 7:30 AM  
Blogger food with style said...

beautiful pics, it looks delish too!

September 25, 2009 at 7:43 AM  
Blogger stephchows said...

have a great time!! these muffins will hold me over perfectly :)

September 25, 2009 at 7:45 AM  
Anonymous Nutmeg Nanny said...

Have fun!!! It sounds great being able to hang out with a bunch of food bloggers:) These muffins look great. I love the almonds on top...yum!

September 25, 2009 at 9:42 AM  
Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

I hope you'll take copious notes about conference. I'd love to be there but it didn't work out. I'll live vicariously through you report. Have a wonderful time.

September 25, 2009 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger Reeni said...

These are so delicious looking!! Have lots of fun!

September 25, 2009 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger Coleens Recipes said...

Have a great time!! Your muffins look delicious.

September 25, 2009 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger Ingrid_3Bs said...

Those muffins like perfect to me! :) Can I have her share?

Hope you have a safe and fun trip! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!
~ingrid

September 25, 2009 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

Have a great time at the conference! I'm hoping I can go next year. Fun fun! Those muffins look great, too!

September 26, 2009 at 7:22 AM  
Anonymous zerrin said...

These look so yummy! They make a perfect snack or breakfast before leaving for work. thanks.

September 27, 2009 at 8:17 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

It's been awhile since I've been here. Hope you had fun at Blogher. I want to go to the Foodbuzz one in November, but I can't afford the travel expenses. I suppose I could try and win that Bertoili scholarship, but I'm not great at designing recipes.

September 27, 2009 at 1:03 PM  
Anonymous noble pig said...

Can't wait to hear about it!

September 27, 2009 at 2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These muffins look just so scrumptious! Yummy with almonds and poppy seeds!

September 27, 2009 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger Maris said...

Sounds delicious! Thanks for posting and I am so glad we had the chance to meet and chat! We should stay in touch and hopefully see you at the next blog conference!

September 28, 2009 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger Katy ~ said...

What a dream come true to meet bloggers from all over. I am so excited for you! I cannot wait to hear of your impressions.

Your muffins look beautiful; terrific presentation and I think they would taste as good as they look.

September 28, 2009 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger Katy ~ said...

What a dream come true to meet bloggers from all over. I am so excited for you! I cannot wait to hear of your impressions.

Your muffins look beautiful; terrific presentation and I think they would taste as good as they look.

September 28, 2009 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger Foodiewife said...

Thank you so much! I made these, blogged them and gave you an award for this! These are excellent.
http://foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com/2009/10/lemon-almond-poppyseed-muffins-to-start.html

October 10, 2009 at 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home