Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Breakfast Parfaits!

Monday, September 7, 2009

Breakfast Parfaits!

labor day 09 015

Recently while visiting Joy at her home of Gourmeted, I came across her bowl of yogurt and  fruit which just happens to be one of my favorite breakfasts. So while she gave us a recipe for a poached fruit to pour over our yogurt, the point of the post was really to tell us how great Fage  Greek Yogurt was. (pronounced fa-yeh)

So great, she has her mom smuggles this yogurt across the boarder into Canada where she resides. Well…

I took note!

labor day 09 008

So while I was picking up a few ingredients for supper, I came across the yogurt in the health food section of Raley’s. Without a doubt, I picked up a container and put it in my cart. I was saving this special carton for the morning.

But the morning came and I didn’t know what to do with my yogurt. You see, all I had was some bananas. Even though I thought about caramelizing some banana’s and using that as my topping, I wasn’t really in the mood for bananas like that. I’m not a real banana person, in less of course, it’s the yummy Cinnamon Banana Snack Cake I made of Maria’s.

labor day 09 010

So after rummaging thru the freezer, I came across some frozen blueberries. So I gave them a good rinsing, thawing the berries and layered them with my yogurt. I also topped each layer with some crushed up pumpkin granola.

 It was  so good. 

So your not going to find a recipe here. If you want a simple recipe to cover your yogurt (or ice cream, pancakes, or pound cake!), Go visit Joy!

The point of this post?

You gotta try Fage Greek Yogurt!

I’m glad I did!

 

10 Comments:

Blogger LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Such a lovely parfait creation!

September 7, 2009 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Beautiful! I bet it was tasty, too..

September 7, 2009 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

Looks delish! I would love this for breakfast every single day!!!

September 7, 2009 at 1:22 PM  
Blogger theUngourmet said...

I was going through my blogroll and realized that I hadn't stopped over to say hello lately. Hello!

This looks amazing. Parfaits are one of my absolute favorites for breakfast, especially with blueberries!

September 7, 2009 at 5:57 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Yum! I love yogurt, fruit and granola and parfaits! Can't go wrong here. But I do need to try Fage yogurt, never have.

September 7, 2009 at 5:58 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I love Greek yogurt, one of my favorite treats. I like it with fresh fruit and a drizzle of agave. We make our own yogurt now, but I do like Fage and Oikos. I am glad you like that banana cake-it is one of my favs too:)

September 7, 2009 at 6:17 PM  
Blogger Reeni said...

This looks so enjoyable to eat! It's so pretty! I've yet to try Fage but I do love Greek yogurt.

September 7, 2009 at 6:48 PM  
Blogger Maris said...

Hehe I giggled when I saw that Joy's mom smuggles yogurt to Canada...why not! :)

September 7, 2009 at 9:11 PM  
Blogger Gaby said...

I love this - what a beautiful breakfast!

September 8, 2009 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger tinyskillet said...

Yours looks beautiful. They serve these at our school as a lunch choice once in a while. They use fresh peaches or bluberries. (I'm not a blueberry fan, but they look so good) not with the greek yogurt. I'm still trying to get used to the texture of it, maybe it would be perfect with the crunchy granola. Going to try it, now that I know how to pronounce it! You are so full of info for us :)

September 8, 2009 at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home