Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Vietnamese Iced Coffee or Cafe sua da!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Vietnamese Iced Coffee or Cafe sua da!


Ca phe sua da or Cafe sua da
(Vietnamese: cà phê sữa đá)
is a unique Vietnamese coffee recipe.
Literally, ca phe sua da means "iced coffee with milk". Ca phe sua da can be made simply by mixing brewed black coffee with about a quarter to a half as much sweetened condensed milk and then pouring it over ice.

When the tempetures hit 110 degrees last week, I was looking for a cold drink that would give me a little jump start. I didn't want to spend my money at one of those coffee houses, yet I wanted a coffee fix in the form of a cool iced drink.

I first saw this drink about a year ago while surfing the blogs. My only question is what took me so long to make it. Don't you hesitate. This simple drink is a coffee lovers must make. Shake it up a bit, add some chocolate, or liquor like Baileys or Kahlua. You might even try those Torrini syrups.
I'm quite fond of the pumpkin spice! :)

And it will keep those coffee house urges away!

Vietnemese Iced Coffee
10 cups strong coffee
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk

Combine brewed coffee and sweetened condensed milk in large pitcher. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over ice.


Other peoples Iced Coffee:

Reminder:
Dont forget to sign up for my giveaway!!!







Bookmark and Share

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger tinyskillet said...

I mixed my own Chai spice blend (without tea) just so I could put it in coffee. It's great hot or cold. I agree sometimes the simplest of things are the best! Now I got to go make my iced coffee!

August 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I love vietnamese coffee and so hard to find around here. I never knew it was this easy to make so woo hoo.

I was actually thinking booze would be awesome with this too.

August 5, 2009 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger Katy ~ said...

Yummm... I have a pitcher of this in my fridge now. It is the BEST!!

August 5, 2009 at 5:54 PM  
Blogger Ingrid_3Bs said...

I'm not a coffee drinker but my honey is and I bet he'd LOVE this can't wait to make this for him! THX!
~ingrid

August 5, 2009 at 6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to try this iced coffee - it sounds delightful with the condensed milk!

August 5, 2009 at 7:02 PM  
Blogger Creative Classroom Core said...

Great recipe, and your blog is gorgeous!

August 5, 2009 at 7:59 PM  
Blogger SugarandSpice said...

Looks delicious and I think I am going to try the rainbow cake! Following you!

August 5, 2009 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Donna-FFW said...

Oh this looks so refreshingly delicious!! I adore iced coffee and have never made it at home...yet.

August 5, 2009 at 8:55 PM  
Blogger The Blonde Duck said...

I need one...stat.

August 6, 2009 at 4:02 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

This does look super refreshing on those hot days, and I love how varible you can make it. I tend to put cinnamon on everything, so that'll work :)

August 6, 2009 at 5:28 AM  
Blogger April said...

YUM! This sounds so good!!

August 6, 2009 at 5:58 AM  
Blogger Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Now that's what I'm talking about. It's like have your cake and eat it too. Only in this case it's have your coffee in 110 degree weather. I love coffee in all types of weather and any time of the day or night. Great choice.

August 6, 2009 at 12:03 PM  
Blogger stephchows said...

oh wow! sounds like a sweet tooth fix!

August 7, 2009 at 8:09 AM  
Anonymous Nutmeg Nanny said...

Mmmm sweet, delicious and perfect for the summer heat:)

August 7, 2009 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger theUngourmet said...

I really need to get some sweetened condensed milk so I can try this! Yum!

August 9, 2009 at 7:49 PM  
Blogger La Cuisine d'Helene said...

I've never had Vietnamese Iced Coffee but with the weather you are having I would. Sounds good.

August 9, 2009 at 10:50 PM  
Blogger Talita said...

Beautiful presentation! A delicious variation of coffee.

August 10, 2009 at 5:24 AM  
Blogger Shelby said...

I love iced coffee! I only wish I had a way to make it when at work in the late afternoon! Thanks for the link :-)

August 26, 2009 at 3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home