Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Do You Like Rich? Do You Like Chocolate?

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Do You Like Rich? Do You Like Chocolate?

challah and cookies 013

The thing I like about cookies is

  1. they are easy to eat
  2. easy to share.
  3. and for the most part, easy to make.

But the best part is, with so many different cookies recipes, there is surely one for everybody!

challah and cookies 026

Do you like rich chocolaty cookies?

Then I found on for you!

But be sure you have a glass of ice cold milk,

This is that kind of cookie!

challah and cookies 029 copy

Chocolate Toffee Rounds

Recipe from The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion

Recipe found at Two Peas and Their Pod

8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 TBS unsalted butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup toffee bits ( I used chopped up Heath bars)
1 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease (or line with parchment paper) two baking sheets.

In the microwave or in a saucepan over very low heat melt the chocolate and butter together, stirring until smooth. Set the mixture aside to cool to lukewarm.

In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Beat in the melted chocolate, then stir in the flour, toffee bits, and chocolate chips.

Drop the dough by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes or until the tops are cracked and dry, but the cookies are still soft to the touch. Don’t overbake these; they’ll become firm as they cool.

Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a rack to cool completely.

 

 

I’m linking this post to Tasty Tuesdays at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam

and to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed With Grace

16 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Yea! I am glad you made these cookies! I love them! Fabulous job!

September 16, 2009 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger April said...

YUM! These look so good!!

September 16, 2009 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger LizNoVeggieGirl said...

OH MY GOODNESS do those cookies look and sound positively divine - holy yum!

September 16, 2009 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

I've made something similar, yours look divine and I bet they taste fabulous as well!

September 16, 2009 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bakes said...

I do like rich chocolaty cookies! I need to try this one!

September 16, 2009 at 1:53 PM  
Blogger tinyskillet said...

What a beautiful cookie! Just the way I like them, and you can't beat three good reasons! You are going to get me to start baking.

September 16, 2009 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger Katy ~ said...

These look crackly, chocolaty good!

September 16, 2009 at 3:40 PM  
Anonymous noble pig said...

This just might make my holiday cookie tray complete!

September 16, 2009 at 4:01 PM  
Blogger Reeni said...

What scrumptious treats!!! Love them!

September 16, 2009 at 5:46 PM  
Anonymous Nutmeg Nanny said...

To answer your question I do love chocolate and these cookies look awesome!!!

September 16, 2009 at 6:03 PM  
Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

They have a brownie-like crust. They certainly look delicious.

September 16, 2009 at 7:47 PM  
Blogger Coleens Recipes said...

The shine makes me think of fudgy brownie crust....oh yum, I'll bet these are great.

September 16, 2009 at 11:23 PM  
Blogger Ingrid_3Bs said...

I really wish I liked chocolate but it just doesn't do it for me even when it looks good.
~ingrid

September 17, 2009 at 7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! Those look perfectly chocolaty!

September 18, 2009 at 5:52 AM  
Blogger stephchows said...

ooo I saw these over at two pees and their pod and still haven't made them yet!! I totally need to!

September 18, 2009 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Megan, what can I say? I'm in love with this recipe. Must try it. I love the added toffee bits.

September 19, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home