Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Sour Cream Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sour Cream Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe

Who doesn’t love coffee cake? And if you run a ribbon of pumpkin filling through the middle of said coffee cake, who wouldn’t love that?  This recipe is one of my favorite coffee cakes. It’s from Libby’s, the pumpkin people, so you know it’s gonna be good.

 sour cream pumpkin coffee cake

This recipe is a little bit more, should we say involved. Not hard, but it consist of three different elements. You have the cake part, the pumpkin filling, and the streusel,

Sour cream pumpkin coffee cake

You layer half the cake batter, half the streusel,

Sour cream pumpkin coffee cake ,

   and then that pumpkin filling,

 sour cream pumpkin coffee cake

 Then the rest of cake and streusel..

A little time consuming but so worth it! I made it the night before I wanted it and then baked it in the morning.

I took a nice warm Sour Cream Pumpkin Coffee Cake to work to the delight of my coworkers. They all gave it a thumbs up!

Sour Cream Pumpkin Coffee Cake

 You have to try this one!

sour cream pumpkin coffee cake

Sour Cream Pumpkin Coffee Cake

By Libby’s Pumpkin

Makes 12 servings.

(Printable Recipe)

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sour cream
1 3/4 cup (16 ounce can) solid pack pumpkin
1 slightly beaten egg
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Streusel
Cream butter, 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla in mixing bowl. Add 3 eggs, beating well. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture alternately with sour cream.
Combine pumpkin, beaten egg, 1/3 cup sugar and pie spice. Spoon half of batter into 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish, spread to corners. Sprinkle half of the Streusel over batter. Spread pumpkin mixture over Streusel. Carefully spread remaining batter over pumpkin mixture. Spread remaining Streusel over top. Bake at 325 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.


Streusel
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup butter
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup chopped nuts
Combine brown sugar, butter and cinnamon until blended. Stir in chopped nuts.

 

Try More Pumpkin Coffeecakes!

Super Simple Pumpkin Coffee Cake from Megan’s Cookin’

Pumpkin Streusel Coffeecake from  Rolling Out The Dough

Spicy Pumpkin Coffee Cake from Saffron Trails

Pumpkin Coffee Cake from Not Quite Nigella

Pumpkin “Cinnamon Roll” Coffee Cake from Culinary Concoctions by Peabody

 Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bundt Cake from Karina’s Kitchen

Pumpkin Pecan Coffee Cake from Once Upon A Feast

Labels: ,

29 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Yes, I do have to try this and soon! Looks delicious!

October 7, 2009 at 6:42 AM  
Blogger April said...

This does look delicious!

October 7, 2009 at 6:47 AM  
Anonymous Courtney said...

This looks so yummy!! I seem to be in a pumpkin cooking mode so maybe this will be one of the recipes I try!

October 7, 2009 at 7:46 AM  
Blogger Coach J said...

My coffee looks very lonely right now. If only I had a piece of cake...

Thanks for the recipe!

October 7, 2009 at 7:54 AM  
Blogger Donna-FFW said...

You are so right, I do have to try this food of love, its gorgeous!

October 7, 2009 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger stephchows said...

oh pumpkin how I love you!

October 7, 2009 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger Delicious Dishings said...

That looks amazing! I'm so ready to start baking pumpkin things! Adding this to the list.

October 7, 2009 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger tinyskillet said...

One of those pieces is smiling at me! Or is it just calling my name? Beautiful dessert, or breakfast. How do you find the time to eat all the stuff you bake?

October 7, 2009 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bakes said...

Streusel makes everything taste better. How sweet you are to take a hot cake to work. It sounds wonderful!

October 7, 2009 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger Lyndas recipe box said...

Bookmarked! I must have this coffee cake!

October 7, 2009 at 7:40 PM  
Anonymous Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Wow - I love pumpkin, and this looks so amazing! I would love to have some of that right now!

October 7, 2009 at 7:44 PM  
Anonymous Nutmeg Nanny said...

This looks great! Perfect for Fall.

October 7, 2009 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger Karine said...

Original coffee cake! It looks wonderful. thanks for sharing!

October 8, 2009 at 4:43 AM  
Blogger Half Baked said...

That pumpkin layer is making me drool! Would love a piece of that with my morning coffe:)

October 8, 2009 at 6:29 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

Sure, it's a tad involved, but look at that thing! Beautiful :)

I'm going to bookmark this for those days when we want some pumpkin, but the same old pie won't do :)

October 8, 2009 at 8:11 AM  
Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

This looks and sounds delicious. I'll have to try it real soon. Have a great day.

October 8, 2009 at 9:06 AM  
Blogger Ingrid_3Bs said...

Yum, looks good and anything pumpkin is my fave fall treat!
~ingrid

October 8, 2009 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

This is scrumptious! I could eat the whole thing. A big D or delicious Megan.

October 8, 2009 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger Reeni said...

The pumpkin filling makes this special!! What a treat! I wish I worked with you!!!

October 8, 2009 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

That looks and sounds so good, it must be a Mortal sin... Great stuff!

October 8, 2009 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Katy ~ said...

I keep seeing new treats I want to take to a little get together with a couple of lady friends, and now I think I'm settled on this one. Oh my, this just looks so perfect and seasonal! LOVING THIS!!

October 9, 2009 at 2:10 AM  
Blogger Shelby said...

Oh, my son's would be all over this one! Looks yummy!

October 9, 2009 at 3:33 AM  
Blogger The Blonde Duck said...

That looks so good! Sour cream and pumpkin is always a winner!

October 9, 2009 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Alanna Kellogg said...

I've got coffee cakes for every season except fall, now yours is the inspiration!

October 10, 2009 at 7:21 AM  
Blogger Foodiewife said...

OMG! This is an amazing recipe. I'm cutting and pasting this into my recipe data base, ASAP! I think it looks pretty easy and I can hardly wait to try it. Thanks so much!

October 10, 2009 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Ooh, this one does look really good! Love the layers.

October 10, 2009 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger test it comm said...

That look so good with that layer of pumpkin in there!

October 10, 2009 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger Peabody said...

Oh my, that looks like all sorts of awesome!

October 11, 2009 at 3:28 AM  
Anonymous Beth S. said...

I'm making this for Thanksgiving breakfast :-D

November 22, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home