Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Thanksgiving Countdown: Cranberry Pineapple Minis

Monday, November 10, 2008

Thanksgiving Countdown: Cranberry Pineapple Minis


Thanksgiving is about 2 weeks away and I'm getting the craving for some of the traditional foods of Thanksgiving.
Since there is just the three of us, I don't do the whole traditional dinner. I usually do prime rib. It's easier and I don't have all the trimmings to worry about. Besides, I'm the only one who eats the cranberry sauce, the sweet potato souffle, or the dressing. So, I'll just mix in some of my favorite Thanksgiving dishes into our regularly scheduled dinners over the next few weeks.
Like this dish.


Simple ingredients that one usually has on hand this time of year, this was as quick as making jello. That's because you are making jello. With a few mix-ins. The original recipe had walnuts in it. I chose macadamia nuts because it sounded good with the pineapple. Pecans would also be good. Add whatever your favorite nut is.


These minis were made in cupcake papers but it would be a lot easier to make one big bowlful. Just not as much fun!

The family's verdict. No one liked them but me. But I thought they were tasty and I would make them for Thanksgiving. If I were making Turkey with all the trimmings.

Cranberry-Pineapple Minis
Recipe by Dole

1 can crushed Pineapple in juice, undrained
1 lg. pkg Raspberry Gelatin
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
2/3 cup walnut pieces
1 apple, chopped

Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add water to measure 2 1/2 cups. Bring to a boil. Add to gelatin mix in large bowl; stir 2 minutes untill completely dissolved. stir in pineapple, cranberries, nuts, and apple. Spoon into 24 paper-lined (2 1/2 inch) muffin cups.
Refrigerate 2 1/2 hours or till firm. remove liners.
Enjoy!



**********************************************************************

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Peabody said...

Never thought about making mini jello servings, that's a good idea.

November 10, 2008 at 12:37 AM  
Blogger April said...

Yum!! I would have never thought of making mini jellos either, but what a great idea!! These sound really good too!

November 10, 2008 at 5:31 AM  
Blogger Shelby said...

I have seen these in magazines and thought they looked so cool. Looks yummy!

November 10, 2008 at 6:58 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

My sister and I were talking yesterday about these very same jello cups!

November 10, 2008 at 7:36 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bakes said...

I made a great cranberry orange relish for Thanksgiving a few years ago and nobody like it but me either, so I can definitely relate. I'm sure I'd like this!

November 10, 2008 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Oh yummy.. this looks so good and it reminds me to get out my chutney recipe with orange and cranberries. And I love Prime Rib for the Holidays! :)

November 10, 2008 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

Aw I want prime ribs! We eat cornish hens because my mom hates turkey. There's only four of us, so we adjust the servings, although leftovers are a college student's best friend! lol

November 10, 2008 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger Nazarina A said...

Oh my these cranberry jellos would do just nicely until Thanksgiving , in fact you gave me another idea for the cranberry dressing Thanks!

November 10, 2008 at 2:26 PM  
Blogger anudivya said...

First time here...
This looks gorgeous! Would make perfect servings (for me anything sweet would make dinner!) LOL

November 10, 2008 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger Reeni said...

I would never of thought to mix cranberries with pineapple. How refreshing! They look gorgeous, great color!

November 10, 2008 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger rubybean77 said...

How can your family not like the fixin's of Turkey Day? These little guys look FANTASTIC!

November 10, 2008 at 7:46 PM  
Blogger glamah16 said...

That looks yummy and love the small sizes.Looks excellent.

November 10, 2008 at 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Megan, The minis look wonderful. I'll have to try them. I hoped you used organic pineapple. Here's why http://www.newrinkles.com/index.php/archive/did-you-know-pineapple/

November 15, 2008 at 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home