Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Thanksgiving Countdown: Chedder Shortbread

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thanksgiving Countdown: Chedder Shortbread

Gotta a few minutes? I have a great appetizer that takes about that much time. I stole borrowed this recipe from Sheri at Whisk: A Food Blog. And I loved it. Simple food that's perfect for the holiday appetizer buffet.





It comes together in seconds using a food processor. It's just butter, cheese, flour, and a hint of cayenne. Doesn't that sound good?


After it's quick whirl, you dump it out and give it a little lovin. I used cold butter so it didn't form a ball like it should have, but it came together quite easily after my hands warmed it up a bit.



Just form out a few logs. This is when you can sample the raw dough. Just slice off a little piece. But be careful, you'll eat the whole log if you don't watch yourself. Not that I did, I'm just saying!


Now you can use your useful little whatyamacallit and suck the air out to freeze for later or... bake up a batch.


I sliced and baked!


See how pretty it looks on my cheese and cracker platter? And it was a total hit with my guests!
Sooo... What are ya waiting for? The holidays are comming!











If you like this recipe, please click on the link above!

Cheddar Shortbread
By Shari at Whisk:A Food Blog
3 ounces (about 1/3 cup) unsalted butter, softened
4 ounces old cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup flour
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
In a food processor, mix the butter, cheese, flour and cayenne pepper with the metal blade until the dough forms a ball. Roll the dough into a log. Chill for one hour or freeze for later,
Slice into ¼-inch rounds and place on baking sheet.
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until light brown. Let cool.


.....................................................................................

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

Looks yummy and sounds easy to prepare :)

November 19, 2008 at 5:03 PM  
Blogger Reeni said...

They look great! I love slicing and baking.

November 19, 2008 at 5:35 PM  
Blogger Glenna said...

Yum! Great idea. It looks delish.

November 19, 2008 at 10:36 PM  
Blogger April said...

These do look perfect for the holiday party!

November 20, 2008 at 5:52 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

Great with a glass of wine!! What a wonderful recipe, I will certainly try it!
Have a wonderful day!!

November 20, 2008 at 6:43 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Oh I may have to try these because they look like great big cheezits. And I LOVE cheezits. Unfortunately I'm going to have to wait for an occasion to make them though so I don't eat them all!

November 20, 2008 at 7:22 AM  
Blogger Shari said...

I'm glad they turned out for you!

November 20, 2008 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

These sound delicious! And I've been wanting to get one of those ziploc thingies - does it work well?

November 21, 2008 at 3:21 AM  
Blogger Cakebrain said...

I've been meaning to make some cheese shortbread! It looks delicious!

November 21, 2008 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger glamah16 said...

Looks great. And I love that you can prep it ahead.

November 23, 2008 at 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home