Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Eggnog Quick Bread

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Eggnog Quick Bread


A new Year!

Already?


The holidays are over and now were in a new year. I took the dog for a New Years Day walk. We both needed it! I was feeling better and he was tired of being cooped up. We went to the famous Sundial Bridge to take some pictures but of course the battery died. I did get this one for your viewing pleasure! Pretty huh?

So back to this Christmas thing. Did it go by fast this year for you too?
You know the older we get...

Well, What's the rush? You can hold on to the season just a little longer with this recipe.


Easy Eggnog Quick Bread with Buttered Rum Glaze

Next time your at the grocery store,
1. Pick up some eggnog.There trying to get rid of it at the stores, so pick it up now! This stuff actually lasts a long time if you don't open it. Buy it now, so you have it when you need it. Cause if you wait till you need it, there wont be any left. Got it?
I bought eggnog a couple times to make this bread, (cake?) but I always forgot the rum extract. Then the nog got drunk. HeeHee!
2.Don't forget the extract!
Also, I mixed everything up in my stand-up mixer (Oster, not Kitchen-aid yet!) Just beating away when I went to check the recipe. And there it was.
3."stir until just moistened. Don’t over stir." Crap!

I guess that's why I got this giant crater in my loaf. But that was no big deal. It actually worked out to my advantage! See picture below. The recipe also said to let the loaf cool completely before cutting.
Are you kidding me?

Did I mention the Buttered Rum glaze? Talk about the icing on the cake!


This quick bread is simple and delish. I recommend it. You really want to make this one! Get your nog and extract ready because there is no time like the present.

Its the happiest time of the year!
Eggnog Christmas Bread with Buttered Rum Glaze
Found at Baking Delights
Makes: 1 loaf

2 eggs
1 cups sugar
1 cup eggnog
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly grated)
1 1/2 teaspoons rum extract
1 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Butter a 9×5x3 bread pans.

Beat eggs, add sugar, eggnog, butter,
rum and vanilla until blended.

In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder and nutmeg. Add to the egg mixture and stir until just moistened. Don’t over stir.

Pour into greased pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out

Buttered Rum Glaze
Make this after bread comes out of the oven:

1/4 c brown sugar
1/3 c unsalted butter
1 teaspoon rum extract

Melt butter and brown sugar together in a saucepan until smooth and sugar looses it’s graininess. Remove from heat. Add extract. Pour over warm bread.

.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

I have both eggnog and rum extract. If nobody touches the eggnog, maybe I'll make it this weekend. I did bake eggnog cookies last night that my parents loved. If you have leftover eggnog, you need to make them!

I saw the Torini syrups in Wal Mart's coffee aisle. I had difficulty finding an espresso grinder, so I ordered one online. Now I have to wait until it arrives. I could get coffee grinded at my local grocer but then I'll have to use it right away because it'll lose freshness. The worse part is my grinder may not even be here until after I go back to school. Looks like I'll be coming home sooner than planned LOL

January 2, 2008 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger Chef Jeena said...

I love how white and fluffy the cake looks inside yum. :-)

January 3, 2008 at 6:21 AM  
Blogger Susan from Food Blogga said...

Now, that's one way I could enjoy some eggnog. It looks so wonderfully moist and light.

January 4, 2008 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Carla- I dont have anymore eggnog.
It got drunk!

jeena-it turned was beautiful till you got to the crater!

susan-go for it! I hope you can still find eggnog!.

January 4, 2008 at 5:25 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Carla- I dont have anymore eggnog.
It got drunk!

jeena-it turned was beautiful till you got to the crater!

susan-go for it! I hope you can still find eggnog!.

January 4, 2008 at 5:25 PM  
Blogger Dolores said...

Made this last night with the last drops of the holiday eggnog. Yum! Thanks for sharing!

January 18, 2008 at 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home