Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Grandmas cookin!

Friday, December 14, 2007

Grandmas cookin!

Ohhh, one more day and my temporary job is over! Kudos to all working mothers. I haven't had a real job since my 12 year old was born. Yes, I do help out at our music store but I pretty much call the hours. As long as the work gets done, I'm o.k.
My mother-in-law came this last week for my daughters violin recital. No, no, my mother-in-law is a good mother-in-law. It's a good thing! She has been such a help to me. She's helped me keep up with everything this busy week. Laundry switched over and folded. She took a broom to my dirty floor. Dinner cooked and dishes done. (Yes, I helped. I'm not a total schmuck.)
It was so nice to pull in the garage, get out of the car, and the aroma of a home cooked dinner came drifting out to greet me. Ohh, what a greeting!

She tried a new recipe from a cooking light magazine. Orange-Ginger Skillet Chicken. This was so good. This is a picture of the chicken mixture that you toss into the pasta. Everyone was so hungry, I only got the one picture. This is definitely a keeper and I highly recommend you try it. Its fast, easy and very tasty. Everyone liked it from young to old! That's pretty darn good, wouldn't you agree? And for dessert? Chocolate Pudding Cake! Also from cooking light. Warm and gooey. and she made it in my dutch oven so it looks so rustic. This would be good to make when camping. But we'll save that recipe for another day.



Orange-Ginger Skillet Chicken

By Cooking Light
1 cup orange sections-chopped
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons grated ginger1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
1 1/2 lb chicken tenders
8 cups cooked rotini pasta-cooked(about 1 lb uncooked)


1. Combine first 9 ingredients in a large zip lock bag.
2. Add chicken and marinate for up to 3 hours.
3. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add chicken mixture.
cook 15 minutes.
4. Add cooked pasta and simmer 5 minutes or till heated through.

Yield: 6 servings









.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Khan said...

That looks deliecious!

Nike SB

December 14, 2007 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Definitely something I can make at school!!

The ironic thing is I've been sending pictures to Taste Spotting lately, but they won't post them. I have an account and it says submission has been posted, so I know they went through. I didn't think they would reject photographs!! I did get my pumpkin cupcake picture up two months ago. I still have yet to figure this out. And I can't find anybody to email.

December 16, 2007 at 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home