Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Christmas Truffles?

Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas Truffles?



I promised you a new, and much anticipated recipe. Well, its new to me . This year is a truffle kind of Christmas. No, I don't mean the ugly, expensive, fungus kind of Christmas. I mean the sweet beautiful, chocolate, kind of Christmas. Only kids get store bought presents. Unless I can find a Wii for my husband, the only shopping done is for kids. All friends and family members are getting home-made gifts. Mostly truffles!

Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Chipotly Truffles'

White Chocolate dipped Eggnog Truffles,

Peanut Butter with chunks of Butterfingers Truffle,

Coconut dipped in Milk Chocolate Truffles

and Creamy Dreamy Mint Truffles.


Are you drooling yet? Go ahead and wipe up the keyboard. I'll wait.

Done? O.K. Back to this new recipe! Well, its new to me. And much anticipated. Oh...did I say that already? Anyway, all this planning to make truffles has got my juices flowing. For a truffle. But I don't want to make them just yet. Not till Christmas gets closer.

So... I made, are you ready?

Chocolate Truffle Cookies!





They have a crisp shell with a creamy center, thanks to the addition of chocolate chips. It truly reminds me of a decadent chocolate truffle. And this baby has it all.
Bittersweet chocolate
Semisweet chocolate
and cocoa!
Did I say it was decadent?



This is my submission to foodblogga's Eat Christmas cookies food event. Go here to see all the cookies and be sure to come back and vote for your favorite cookie!


This cookie would make a perfect addition to your holiday!









This recipe came from the 1999 Taste Of Home Annual Recipe Cookbook.


Chocolate Truffle Cookies


4 squares (1 oz each) unsweetened chocolate


2cups (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided


1/3 cup butter


1 cup sugar


3 eggs


1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla


1/2 cup flour


2 tablespoons baking cocoa


1/4 baking powder


1/4 teaspoon salt


In a microwave, melt unsweetened chocolate,1 cup chocolate chips, and butter. Cool 10 minutes.


In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and eggs for 2 minutes.Beat in vanilla and the chocolate mixture. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat in chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining chocolate chips. Cover and Chill for at least 3 hours. Remove 1 cup of dough. With floured hands, roll into 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets . Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly puffed and set. Cool for 3-4 minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough. Dust with powdered sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen


.










Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

The truffles should make awesome gifts. Just get festive bags/tins/boxes :)

December 7, 2007 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait to eat a truffle!!!!

December 7, 2007 at 8:53 PM  
Blogger April said...

These sound yummy! I can't wait until you make your chocolate truffles and post the recipes!

December 7, 2007 at 10:09 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Peanut butter with butterfinger chunks truffle...oh my, sounds heavenly...and keep looking for the Wii, it's super fun and totally worth the effort.

December 8, 2007 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Cookie baker Lynn said...

These sound like amazing cookies. I'll definitely have to try them. You can never have too much chocolate, right?

December 8, 2007 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I have never even heard of a truffle cookie, but I love the idea!! They sound amazing.

December 12, 2007 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

carla-got the candy boxs ready
michele-there comming
april-I cant wait to make them!
karen-peanut butter with butterfinger chunks do sound heavenly dont they? And I think the Wii wont be available till after Christmas but I will keep looking;)
baker lynn- do try theme! they are awesome.

December 14, 2007 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger Susan from Food Blogga said...

Hi Megan,
I love the fanciful presentation of the truffles. What a delicious submission for Eat Christmas cookies! Thank you so much. Cheers, Susan

ps-You said you're giving friends homemade gifts this year. Well, we're friends now, right? ;)

December 15, 2007 at 6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home