Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Sweet Applets

Friday, November 30, 2007

Sweet Applets


Carla from the chocolate moose and I had a cookbook exchange some time back. She had an extra copy of Pillsbury's 100 New Bake-Off Recipes. The book is from 1964 and really quite the antique. We decided to try a recipe out of the book and post about it. Today is that day.



We went for a sweet little number called Sweet Applets. Now remember, this was a 1964 Pillsbury bake-off winner. That's a big deal!
Who ever had this book had put a few *stars* by her favorite recipes which is what caught my eye at first. Dipping the tops in melted butter and then a cinnamon-sugar mixture sealed the deal! Plus their loaded with fresh apples.

So here is the recipe from yesteryear.
Click to enlarge

These would make a tasty after school snack or a great grab and go breakfast. Who am I kidding? These would be great any time, day or night!
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did,







This recipe was created by Mrs. Louise Kidd from New Mexico.




.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

haha that's quite alright. Now we can switch recipes and see if we get the same results :) I'll have to make these over Christmas unless I magically obtain apples within the next two weeks.

November 30, 2007 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger DSM said...

I made this today...they were so good. My family loved them! Thanks for this recipe from the past.

December 4, 2007 at 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home