Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Sweet Applets

Friday, November 30, 2007

Sweet Applets

Carla from the chocolate moose and I had a cookbook exchange some time back. She had an extra copy of Pillsbury's 100 New Bake-Off Recipes. The book is from 1964 and really quite the antique. We decided to try a recipe out of the book and post about it. Today is that day.

We went for a sweet little number called Sweet Applets. Now remember, this was a 1964 Pillsbury bake-off winner. That's a big deal!
Who ever had this book had put a few *stars* by her favorite recipes which is what caught my eye at first. Dipping the tops in melted butter and then a cinnamon-sugar mixture sealed the deal! Plus their loaded with fresh apples.

So here is the recipe from yesteryear.
Click to enlarge

These would make a tasty after school snack or a great grab and go breakfast. Who am I kidding? These would be great any time, day or night!
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did,

This recipe was created by Mrs. Louise Kidd from New Mexico.




Blogger Carla said...

haha that's quite alright. Now we can switch recipes and see if we get the same results :) I'll have to make these over Christmas unless I magically obtain apples within the next two weeks.

November 30, 2007 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger DSM said...

I made this today...they were so good. My family loved them! Thanks for this recipe from the past.

December 4, 2007 at 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home