Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Coconut Truffles: Part One

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Coconut Truffles: Part One

Coconut truffles! One day I was inspired by April of Abbysweets.

She had made the cutest little candy turtles for a bake sale. I commented that they were the cutest little things and a conversation began. She told me about a place where she gets some of her molds. Country Kitchen SweetArt So as I was checking out the site, and I came across chocolate transfer sheets. I always wondered how those expensive chocolates with the cool designs did it. Well, come to find out, it is super easy. So I ordered five different sheets and began planning Christmas truffles. I also used Aprils recipe for Coconut Joys.
Only I dipped mine instead of drizzling chocolate over them. And because I used the transfer sheets to decorate, I had to flatten the top of my truffles.
These set up really nice and were easy to dip. I just rolled them, flattened the top with the bottom of a glass, and let them set up in the fridge. Dipped them in chocolate, placed a piece of transfer sheet on top, and let them set up again. Pull of the transfer sheet and...
DA-Dah! Like magic!
Look how cute. I'm so excited they turned out so well! They are excellent in taste and appearance if I may say so myself.
My daughter gave me an A+ on the coconut ones. I didn't fare so well with the next flavor in her opinion. But I absolutely loved them. Stay tuned for part two! Chocolate Chipotly Cinnamon Truffle.





So a great big Thank You to April for your friendship, conversation, and the great link to Country Kitchen SweetArt!
This one is for you! Enjoy!




.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm waiting for mine!!!!

December 17, 2007 at 8:03 AM  
Blogger April said...

I am so glad that you liked the recipe! The truffles look GREAT!! yum! I can't wait for part 2 of you truffle madness!

December 17, 2007 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger David Hall said...

Hi Megan

Thanks for popping over. I'll be checking in to yours too.

I'm making loads of truffles for the Xmas Day coffees, it has been so long since I made a ganache. These look amazing. Any chance you could pop over to the UK and make them for me?

Cheers
David

December 18, 2007 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

michele-they are almost ready!
april-stay tuned! Eggnog on the way!
david-I cant make it cuz of Christmas and all, but good luck!

December 18, 2007 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I love the look of these with the transfers!! Now I want to go make some!!

December 19, 2007 at 10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Yeah!! These were the bomb-digity! I could have eaten at least 100 of these.

More please?
Karri

December 28, 2007 at 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home