Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Martha’s Maple Granola Recipe

Monday, January 25, 2010

Martha’s Maple Granola Recipe

It’s time for Martha Monday!

Maple Granola

This weeks recipe was chosen by MaryAnn of Stirring It Up With Meg and she choose Martha’s Maple Granola. What a great choice!

This stuff is delicious.

I’m mean serious delicious.

Maple Granola

I wasn’t big on granola, except for maybe a little on my breakfast yogurt, but this is a real treat. An addiction if you must know. It makes me excited for breakfast.

It’s a good thing!

mondays

Maple Granola

Martha’s Maple Granola

(printable Recipe)

  • 3 Cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup dried unsweetened coconut
  • 1 cup pecans or walnuts, quartered
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sesame seeds
  • 1 teaspoon course sea salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup golden raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together all ingredients except raisins. Spread granola in an even layer on rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring every 10 minutes for 40 minutes.Add raisins and bake till toasted, about 10 minutes more. Let cool completely.

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

Anonymous Hannah said...

A solid granola recipe is invaluable! What a simple yet utterly delicious combination of coconut and seets/nuts you used here. :)

January 25, 2010 at 6:23 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

This will be perfect for your homemade yogurt!

January 25, 2010 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bakes said...

That looks so yummy on your homemade yogurt! I need to whip up a batch. I love granola!

January 25, 2010 at 7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful with the addition of maple syrup, a lovely breakfast!

January 25, 2010 at 8:29 PM  
Blogger Coleens Recipes said...

Oh my goodness, this DOES sound delicious.

January 26, 2010 at 12:00 AM  
Anonymous Jessica @ How Sweet said...

This sounds amazing! I love granola so much.

January 26, 2010 at 3:47 AM  
Blogger Sarah @ Mum In Bloom said...

What a great site you have here! I love that you added a printable recipe. Thanks for visiting my site today & we'll see you at the next Martha Monday :)

January 26, 2010 at 4:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was amazed at how good this really was!

January 26, 2010 at 4:24 AM  
Blogger Heather Baird said...

I love that olive oil is used! I've never made granola with olive oil. I'll have to try it out!

January 26, 2010 at 6:13 AM  
Blogger megan said...

I love to make granola. I'm always looking for new recipes too, so i've bookmarked this one. it looks delicious!

January 26, 2010 at 6:45 AM  
Anonymous Pru said...

We all liked it!
Megan, I have to say, that your photos and presentation on your blog always astound me. I stand there with my camera for ages and can't get anything to look as good as your bowl with yoghurt and granola! Tips please!

January 26, 2010 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger teresa said...

delicious! what a perfect way to start the day!

January 26, 2010 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger Tessa said...

This looks delicious! I love maple-flavored anything, but I bet it'd be great in granola. Thanks!

January 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I love that cute little glass bowl you served this in. I have a passion for maple so I know that I would love this. I can see myself getting addicted and not being able to stop :D

January 26, 2010 at 3:23 PM  
Anonymous noble pig said...

This is a dessert granola, I have to make it!!

January 26, 2010 at 5:54 PM  
Blogger stephchows said...

leave out the sesame seeds and I'm sold! For some reason I just can't take them in the morning LOL

January 27, 2010 at 8:34 AM  
Blogger Katy ~ said...

Don't you just love this kind of recipe. You can add or take away whatever you want. And sooooo delicious!!

January 27, 2010 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

Oooh. I want this granola in my kitchen, like, tomorrow morning! Thanks for sharing!

January 27, 2010 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger lobstersandwich said...

I have not been a huge granola fan either but this recipe, I think ,will change all that. Thank you for the post.
I have been following you and your posts for sometime now. And I think that you and they are great.
Just wondering if you've ever looked at my blog. I'd be thrilled to hear your feedback. You are so much more experienced than I in the blogosphere.
Address: http://lobstersandwich.blogspot.com
Thanks,Megan....SAUCY

January 27, 2010 at 8:40 PM  
Blogger Ingrid_3Bs said...

I love granola but haven't ever made my own. Thanks for cluing me into this recipe.

Question, how much olive oil? It just says 1/2 ? Thanks!
~ingrid

February 1, 2010 at 5:19 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Thanks for catching that Ingrid. I fixed the mistake!

February 1, 2010 at 6:28 PM  
Blogger stephchows said...

gotta love home made granola!

February 3, 2010 at 6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home