Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Superfood Of Autumn

Friday, October 12, 2007

Superfood Of Autumn



Life is busy. It's hard to fit in a healthy breakfast when your on the go. When trying to give my oatmeal some "umph", I turned to my Superfood of Autumn.

But what exactly is a superfood? Superfoods provide high quality nutrition essential for building and maintaining a healthy body. Generally speaking, superfoods give you a lot of nutrition for a relatively small number of calories. One of the tastiest of the superfoods is the pumpkin. With virtues beyond carving, the pumpkin is definitely a superfood.
What many don’t realize is the great nutritional benefits the pumpkin contains. The pumpkin boasts a low calorie and high fiber count – both great factors in weight loss. In addition, pumpkins contain significant amounts of vitamin A, calcium, potassium and iron. It is truly a nutrition powerhouse.

HT: Lynn Bebee

Back to the oatmeal. The other day, I accidentally opened a can of pumpkin pie filling. Not the pumpkin puree but the pie filling. I realized this as soon as I heard the pressure of the tin punctured. It was to late. After I ate about 1/3 of the can with a spoon, I sealed it up in some Tupperware and put it in the refer for another use. What? I didn't know. I slept on it over night and came up with the idea to put it in my oatmeal while it was cooking. So I added 1/4 cup. It was delish. So I added a scoop on top. It was double delish! After I use up my excess pie filling, I will make it again using the pumpkin puree. Then I'll sweeten it with a pack of splenda and spike it with some pumpkin pie spice. Now thats a super breakfast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home