Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Harvest Sugar Cookies

Monday, September 24, 2007

Harvest Sugar Cookies











What has the tenderness of pie crust, The sweetness of sugarcane
and the cuteness of a kitty? Well maybe that's a little far fetched but I just wanted to share my cookies with you.


And one reason I love to bake-The smiles I get back! Here is Kel trying to make that frosting disappear. Not too hard of a task. A little vanilla bean icing before color is added.



Our pumpkin patch!
The pumpkins turned out really cute but the leaves look more like wintertime. Next time- no brown. Yellow, orange and green is on my color pallet.




After all that mixing,rolling,baking,frosting,and decorating, Guess what waits for you. Yes, a beautiful homemade sugar cookie and a sink full of dirty dishes.


So if I have inspired you to make sugar cookies and you want my recipe, just click on the picture to enlarge. I just used my regular frosting recipe and of course, I added my vanilla bean paste. Let me know when they are coming out of the oven and I'll be there!

Recipe from Taste of Home Magazine

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa K said...

What beautiful cookies! That icing color is wonderful!

September 24, 2007 at 1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like we are getting ready for winter. Looks good Cookin Meg.

September 25, 2007 at 5:56 PM  
Blogger Chef Jeena said...

Hi Megan thankyou for visiting my blog, I have added your link thanks for adding mine. :) Great cookies!

September 26, 2007 at 3:24 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Lisa-Thank you, Glad you stopped by.
Anonymous- Thank you- Winter is indeed comming.
Jeena- Great blog. Thanks for the link love!

September 26, 2007 at 3:43 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

These cookies are adorable! I may make some myself!

October 1, 2007 at 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home