Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Per Request - Bacon Wrapped Dates

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Per Request - Bacon Wrapped Dates

It was a week filled with sonograms, doctors, and biopsies. I have 2 nodules on my thyroid which meant many needles in the neck. I made it thru and now I can say I've had worse things I had to go thru.
Anyway, I wrapped up the week with a potluck at the local YMCA.
What to bring on a frenzy Friday?
It was requested for me to bring these little morsels of goodness.



Just stuff an almond in the middle of a pitted date. Wrap 1/3 of a piece of bacon around each date and secure with a toothpick.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. The sweetness of the date caramelizes and mixes with the saltiness of the bacon. The almond adds a crunch! Make a lot because these little gems wont last long. They were gone before I could even plate them.

Bacon Wrapped Dates

40 Dates
40 Whole Almonds
1 pound of bacon

Cut bacon into thirds.
Stuff one almond into date. Wrap with a oiece of bacon and secure with a toothick.
Bake at  350 degrees for about 40 minutes.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Magic Chef Matt said...

Yum! I am getting hungry now!
What a bacon wrapped technonut you have become!!

September 9, 2007 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Magic Chef-You need to catch up!
Its a technorati world.

September 10, 2007 at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home