Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Happy Anniversary Mike and Michele!

Monday, August 27, 2007

Happy Anniversary Mike and Michele!


Tuesday is M&M's 25Th anniversary. That sounds like something my mother would say. Not me! But the passage of time has brought us to this milestone.
M&M met on a blind date. They spent the next three days together before M popped The Question.You can imagine what family and friends thought! I mean, it was 1982. Couldn't they just live together? 6 months later M&M were married.And now-Its been 25 years.
So for thier anniversary, I made them a little wedding cake to take on there honeymoon. They also got Champagne and balloons!.
M wanted vanilla cake with lemon filling. S I got this French Vanilla cupcake recipe from Garrett at Vanilla Garlic.
I've been kind of into vanilla bean paste lately
and this recipe sounded like a French Vanilla
ice cream recipe. So I followed the directions
except I made 2 6" round cakes and 6 cupcakes.
(The family has to eat something since we don't get cake!)




Things didn't go quite as planned. I had batter overflow! The cake drippings were burning at the bottom of the stove and the house smelled like burnt cake.My cupcakes ran together and they all had sunken middles. Even my little cakes!






So I ate a cupcake!

They were fabulous!!!

The flavor was intense. Dense, buttery, a vanilla explosion. I couldn't wait to finish this cake. I was excited! This cake was gonna be great.

So I evened up the edges.
Oh the aroma of butter, lemon and vanilla. Yum

I piped an icing border around for my lemon filling. Then I spread the ooey gooey lemony goodness between the layers. Then came a crumb coat before the final coat of frosting. Vanilla Bean Frosting. Oh Yea!!!

And here is a picture of my masterpiece! French Vanilla cake with lemon filling and French Vanilla Frosting. So I used Garrett's cake recipe. And if the truth be known- I bought my lemon filling. Oh, come on, it wasn't a professional gig.
And I just made my favorite vanilla frosting and added vanilla bean.

So here's to you M&M! May the next 25 be as wonderful as the first 25. We wish you Health, Happiness, and lots of love

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am so sorry the recipe gave you issues. I re-tooled it a bit and made the cupcakes again, and had no problems. I heard one or two people had issues and it seemed that older ovens with uneven heat is the only thing in common, as other e-mails reported no overflow at all. Hopefully the recipe should now be pretty equal for everybody.
:)

August 27, 2007 at 6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that is a cute cake! They're lucky to have a friend like you.

August 29, 2007 at 8:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Megan,
Thank you for making our Anniversary special.The cake was great, as well as the champagne!I'm so lucky having a freind like you!!!!! The balloons was a bonus!We enjoyed our little honeymoon!!We did'nt want to come back home.
Love
Mike&Michele

September 8, 2007 at 8:01 PM  
Blogger Karen Baking Soda said...

It's lovely Megan! Kudos to you!
Love a lemony filling in a cake, nice touch.

September 30, 2007 at 8:52 AM  
Blogger How To Eat A Cupcake said...

I had some Amy Sedaris vanilla cupcakes do this to me once... a few hours before my birthday party :( It was awful!

January 27, 2008 at 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home