Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Blackened Shrimp and Mango Couscous

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Blackened Shrimp and Mango Couscous


Were off to Bodega Bay! I thought our send off meal should be grand. I went with the blackened shrimp which was in my opinion- a little warm. I should have measured the spice but I happily sprinkled what my little heart desired. O-MAN! Next time I will measure! The couscous was wonderful. It was sweet, hot, and delicious. Next time though, I'll use half the jalapeno. I didn't know I was such a wimp. We cut the heat with an ice cold bottle of Riesling.


Mango Couscous by Marcus Samuelsson

INGREDIENTS
1 cup couscous
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 mango, peeled, pitted and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1 cup)
1 jalapeño chili, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
1/2 cup raisins
1 ripe tomato, chopped
Juice of 1 lime (about 2 Tbsp.)
1/4 cup cilantro sprigs, chopped
1/4 cup parsley sprigs, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt, plus more to taste

Prepare couscous according to package directions. Fluff with a fork and set aside.

Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add garlic, mango and jalapeño. Sauté until mango begins to color, about 1 minute.

Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, couscous, raisins, tomato, lime juice, cilantro and parsley and toss to heat through, about 1 minute. Season with salt. Serve hot or at room temperature.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Chef Jeena said...

I love couscous your mango recipe looks yummy. Great ingredients. :)

September 27, 2007 at 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home