Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Happy Birthday Isabel

Friday, September 7, 2007

Happy Birthday Isabel

My Mother-in-law just had another birthday! I'm under a gag order regarding her age, so lets just say it took 4 birthday cakes to celebrate. We partied on the deck over looking the golf course at Lake Almanor. A happy time was had by all!



That's my daughter Kellie, with her Grandma. Isabel has five children, eight grandchildren, and six great grandchildren,


I baked one cake and the other was a store bought carrot cake. These two cakes were as different as night and day. I used the french vanilla recipe again because it got such rave reviews last time. It is so dense and heavy. I must say that this cake is worth a try. It was the only one to get finished off. The rest of that other cake met its fate in the garbage.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home