Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Homemade With Love

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Homemade With Love


I lost my beloved pumpkin bread recipe. I know it will show up someday. Probably some warm morning when the daffodils are pushing their way up through the warming fertile grounds of spring. But I want it now.
Its a crisp Autumn morning and the candle flames are dancing as a cool breeze meanders through the house. Its my dear friends birthday and I need to make her pumpkin bread.

I had to go surfing for another recipe.

I found a few good looking recipes on other blogs but didn't bother to bookmark. Now I can't find them for the life of me. That will teach me. I need to be more organized. But I did come across 5 different recipes at All recipes and I picked this one.

Why this one you ask, because it used applesauce instead of oil.






Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Just mix:
1 cup applesauce
4 eggs
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1/4 cup water


Add:
3 cups sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp.salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder






As a pumpkin lover, I can't believe I ran out of Pumpkin Pie Spice.
But never fear, instead I just mixed in:

1/4 tsp. Cloves
1/4 tsp. Allspice
1/4 tsp. Cardamom
Fresh grated Nutmeg till my little heart desired!



Now is the time to add:
3 1/2 cups flour

Any nuts you might wish.
(I don't like nuts in my pumpkin bread.)


Grease 2 large loaf pans, (or 3 medium)
and bake for 50-60 minutes


The smell of Fall is in the air and all is well with me.
Time to wrap and deliver.

Do you like my pumpkin loaf pan?
It's from Williams-Sonoma




All dressed up and ready to go.


Happy Birthday Ranae

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should make another loaf of Pumkin bread, and ship it to your brother in Sacramento: I just so happen to have his
address:

Stu Herreid
4018 Beaver Creek Ct.
Antelope, CA. 95843

Anonymous

October 2, 2007 at 6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In fact, I think you should just do it anonysmously. He won't have a clue where it came from. I know he goes to your blog once in a while, but he's kinda slow, so you should hurry and so it before he reads any of your blog... (he's slow, but not stupid...)
Anonymous

October 2, 2007 at 6:35 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I love pumpkin bread, but I don't have a go-to recipe. How did you like this one? How did it compare to your normal one?

October 3, 2007 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Anonymous-My brothers birthday is comming up. Maybe I,ll send it for that! But I want the credit.

Deborah-The recipe was really pretty good. It was moist and dence. Just like I like it. I'll keep using it till I find my tried and true.

October 3, 2007 at 10:30 AM  
Blogger Lisa K said...

That loaf pan makes the bread look so beautiful! I'm going to have to purchase myself one of those. I can't wait to start making pumpkin bread!

October 5, 2007 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

lisa-I love this pan. I use it every Fall.

October 17, 2007 at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home