Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Halloween Couscous

Friday, October 12, 2007

Halloween Couscous

I don't have to have a party to try and make food fun friendly. I have a kid and that's all I need. I was making dinner with what was in the pantry and I fell into a Funtastic All Hallows Eve Dinner.




I made couscous and when I was done, Hubby says, "It looks like Halloween couscous." It had yellow from the pineapple, red from the red pepper and black from the raisins. We had teriyaki chicken with it and I was thinking, "flesh on a stick". You could chunk it or cut it in long strips and skewer it.





Halloween Couscous

1 shallot
1/2 cup red pepper-chopped
1 clove garlic-chopped
1 cup pineapple (fresh if you have it,canned if you don't.)
1/4 cup raisins
1 cup couscous (cooked with one cup water)
1 Tbsp oil

Saute shallot and red pepper in oil over med heat, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and pineapple and saute a minute more. Add raisins and turn heat to low. Add cooked couscous. Warm through.

The couscous was revived from the dark depths of boredom and came alive
with flavor. A sprinkling of fresh parsley could of helped keep the phantoms away and the flesh, I mean the chicken was moist and tender. Like that of a Hoot owl.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home