Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Nutella French Toast Anyone?

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Nutella French Toast Anyone?



I know on Valentines day it will be *rush and run* so I thought I would make a nice breakfast Sunday morning. So I made this Nutella French Toast Casserole for breakfast. I cut out little hearts out of ham and poached heart shaped eggs. I served it with fresh expensive delicious strawberry's and hot coffee.

But the Hubby was to busy,
and the daughter was to sleepy,

Sooo... I put it all in the fridge and went to church.
Guess what they're getting for Valentines Day!


(I dotted the top with butter but it doesn't need it at all)

This is really more of a Bread Pudding and it taste absolutely wonderful! But if you want to call it French Toast Casserole and eat it for breakfast, who am I to stop you?

Nutella French Toast Casserole
aka: Nutella Bread Pudding

4 pieces of Texas Toast
Nutella spread
3 Eggs
1 Cop Cream
1 Cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Spread bread with Nutella. Cut in half diagonally and put in small casserole dish.
Combine all other ingredients and pour over the top. Smush bread into liquid and let sit for 10 minutes.

Bake 350 for 40 minutes or till set.

Serve warm or room temp.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Patsyk said...

I love Nutella! You just reminded me of the most amazing Nutella pancakes I had a a restaurant in NYC for our 10th anniversary... absolutely amazing! I will have to give this a try.

February 10, 2008 at 6:47 PM  
Blogger Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

What a great idea! And as I'm still celebrating World Nutella Day, this is perfect :)

February 10, 2008 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger ByLightOfMoon said...

What a beautiful site to come to eat! Looks fun and I subscribed to your newsletter, maybe I cna learn to cook!

I am near the end of the train but I would love to be entered in your contest. Thanks for entering mine too

ByLightOfMoon
Http://bylightofmoon.blogspot/com

February 11, 2008 at 6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing. Yummm.

February 11, 2008 at 7:54 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

They didn't eat it! ?

That's a wonderful breakfast.
Awww-heart shaped ham. So darling.

I love Nutella. I would probably eat this for dessert, since I don't wake up early enough for breakfast. Ohh, I'm such a bum.

February 11, 2008 at 2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that looks so good. Um, any idea if that fits into the Weight Watchers diet? ;)

February 11, 2008 at 6:17 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

patseyk-Do try it because it was absolutly amazing!

michelle-I got the idea to make it because of World Nutella Day!

cyndi-Thank you and welcome.

Karen-your welcome:o)

emiline-finally around noon. I was long gone.

nicki-If you use your extra points, anything fits!

February 11, 2008 at 7:03 PM  
Blogger SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

I have never had Nutella...isn't that horrible? Those look delicious.

February 12, 2008 at 5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good!

February 12, 2008 at 8:58 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

I love nutella! This is such a great recipe and it looks so good!

February 12, 2008 at 12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omg. That looks amazing! I love Nutella. I've been eating a lot of it lately. Maybe I will try this recipe for breakfast this weekend.

February 13, 2008 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

I have to try this sometime. And just think, I didn't experience Nutella until I went to Ireland.

Marye's package was perfect timing, because like you said, I just got my grinder and espresso maker. Now I don't have to buy coffee until next month, maybe even later LOL

February 13, 2008 at 3:57 PM  
Blogger Tonia said...

Oh, that looks delicious. I can't wait to try it out. I LOVE Nutella!Great blog. =)

February 17, 2008 at 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home