Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Mississippi Mud Cookies

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mississippi Mud Cookies


If your a chocoholic, this is your lucky day!

I found a 5 star recipe for these luscious cookies and your gonna thank me!


Using 2 types of chocolate, it's a simple batter.


A few mini marshmallows scattered on top before baking.



Then you get pockets of ooey, gooey toasted marshmallow.


I remember how much I loved the Mississippi Mud cake when I first had it. I immediately asked for the recipe. I made it a few times over the years but you really need a crowd.
These cookies taste just like it and now
I can indulge in Mississippi Mud goodness any time I want!


Do me a favor.


Try these cookies!

You can thank me later!

My daughter wanted a cookie dough care package to take to a sleep over!
We know how to get an invitation to come back! ;)





Mississippi Mud Cookies


Southern Living, August 2007



Ingredients:


1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. miniature marshmallows


Directions:


1. Microwave semisweet chocolate morsels in a small microwave-safe glass bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
2. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Beat in vanilla and melted chocolate.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chopped pecans and 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels.
4. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Press 3 marshmallows into each portion of dough.
5. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks



Enjoy!















Bookmark and Share
























Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Shelby said...

Yum! Love the toasty marshmallow on top!

May 17, 2009 at 4:00 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Oh I HAVE to try these, and I have some mini marshmallows in the cabinet!

May 17, 2009 at 4:34 AM  
Blogger Donna-FFW said...

I will thank you now.. they look incredible!

May 17, 2009 at 4:39 AM  
Blogger Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

*drool*

Definitely going on my list of things to make when it's time to get reacquainted with my kitchen ;-)

May 17, 2009 at 6:29 AM  
Anonymous noble pig said...

Okay those are dang cute!

May 17, 2009 at 7:31 AM  
Blogger April said...

I am making these today! thanks for posting the recipe!!

May 17, 2009 at 8:37 AM  
Anonymous Katy said...

Well done! They look FAB! Will certainly make them for the grands.

May 17, 2009 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bakes said...

I have a brownie recipe with marshmallows, so I can imagine how yummy these cookies are. I haven't had Mississippi Mud cake. :-( I like the idea of a cookie dough care package!

May 17, 2009 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I really love chocolate cookies and the marshmallows on top make them even better!

May 17, 2009 at 2:00 PM  
Blogger stephchows said...

I had to bring my car back in this morning... I tried to bribe the mechanic to fix it in exchange for a bi-weekly supply of baked goods :) hahaha I don't think he's going for it BOO!

May 18, 2009 at 7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, those look fantastic - I love the marshmallows on top!

May 18, 2009 at 8:30 AM  
Anonymous Cate O'Malley said...

Warm, toasty marshmallows and I'm there - looks delicious!

May 18, 2009 at 8:59 AM  
Blogger Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Megan, you've won my heart. CHOCOLATE? Oh yeah baby. I'm dying to try this recipe. Thank you sweetie.

May 18, 2009 at 2:23 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Thanks for visiting my blog..these look great

May 18, 2009 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

I'm completely in love with your blog!!! Just found it after you commented on my blog earlier (I'm the rainbow cake lady). Everything here looks scrumdidlyumptious. I think I'm gaining weight just reading about your food adventures! Yikes, I just popped a button!

May 18, 2009 at 8:59 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Oh, wow - these look amazing!!

May 19, 2009 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I'm laughing. My comment from May 17th says I have mini marshmallows in the cabinet. I'll bet you they are the ones I just used today to make these! Here they are :) Thanks! http://www.amandascookin.com/2009/10/mississippi-mud-cookies.html

October 20, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home