Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Chicken and Brie Quessadilla with Carmalized Onion and...

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Chicken and Brie Quessadilla with Carmalized Onion and...


A Chicken and Brie Quessadilla with Caramelized Onions and Chipotle Mango Salsa in a Parmasean Encrusted Tortilla.


There use to be a restaurant that served a quessadilla similar to this one but one day they took it off the menu, never to return. I was so bummed because I really really liked it. This is my recreation. I'm pretty excited about this one. It's a definite keeper.
I hope my pictures can entice you!

I used my cheese I got from the nice people at Ill De France. They sent me a wheel to sample and I first used it on a cheese tray that I made a few weeks ago. It was a mild creamy cheese that went well with sweet or savory flavors. It was delightful and I knew right away that I would use the rest of this cheese on these quessadillas.



This was the best quessadilla I have ever made.


I used the mango salsa in the quessadillo, and again when I found my bottle of Chipotle Mango Grill Sauce. I love this stuff. It also comes in a Raspberry Chipotle as well. All those options are tasty in this quessadilla.

I started by sauteing my onions. I let them cook slow and slow until they were nice and caramelized. When they were done, I transferred them to a small bowl. Then I put my flour tortilla in the pan and warmed up one side. Then I flipped it over.



I added two slices of Ille De France Brie cheese.


Then the caramelized onions.





Grilled chicken pieces.



You could use leftover chicken or buy a rotisserie chicken.




Now for the fresh Chipotle Mango Salsa.


Or your Chipotle Mango Grill Sauce!


Fold it over


Grate some fresh Parmesan over the top.





Flip it over and grate some more Parmesan cheese on the other side.





Flip it over one one more time to encrust the cheese.



Plate it and enjoy!



Chicken and Brie Quessadilla


.



Chicken and Brie Quessadillas
Tortilla
Brie cheese
caramelized onions
grilled chicken meat
Chipotle Mango Salsa (see Note)
Parmesan cheese grated
Heat oil in skillet. Place tortilla in warmed pan for just a minute to warm. Heat slightly and flip over. Place 2 slices cheese in tortilla. Then layer on onion, chicken, and a spoonful of mango salsa. Fold tortilla over and grate Parmesan cheese over the top. Flip and fry till cheese is browned on tortilla. Grate more Parmesan cheese on this side and then flip one more time and cook till cheese melts and chicken is warm.



Note: For the Mango Salsa, I just bought a store bought container or Mango and Peach Salsa and added a dash of Chipotle powder.



Chipotle Mango or Chipotle Raspberry grill sauce can be substituted for the mango salsa.




Caramelized Onions
1 onion
1/2 tsp sugar
oil
Slice onions into 1/4-inch wide rings.
Heat oil in heavy skillet.
Add onions and a small amount of sugar (optional) and slowly cook over medium heat.
Cook until onions are caramel colored, stirring often, 30 to 40 minutes.



















Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Patsyk said...

That's MY kind of quesadilla! I'm am going to have to make sure I keep some of those ingredients on hand so I can have a grown-up quesadilla while my kids enjoy their version. YUM!

May 14, 2009 at 5:00 AM  
Blogger April said...

Oh my word, this looks good!!!

May 14, 2009 at 5:50 AM  
Blogger stephchows said...

OK seriously!!?!?! YUMMMMMMM!!!!

May 14, 2009 at 6:55 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

I love brie. I can't wait to try this one!

May 14, 2009 at 7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Alex at Ile de France Cheese.
I just wanted to thank you for your post about the cheese. We enjoyed reading it!
We are going to send out more cheeses in the coming months, but we will let
you know in advance.

Hope all is well,

May 14, 2009 at 7:18 AM  
Anonymous noble pig said...

Okay this is seriously the best quesadilla I've ever seen...OMG, just totally unreal Megan. I'm going to go dig through my cheese drawer.

May 14, 2009 at 9:51 AM  
Blogger Elle said...

You're killing me--wishing I had this for my lunch right now. Delicious!

May 14, 2009 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger Tammigirl said...

I'm dyin'! These are right up my alley. Except I might be out of brie. *GASP!*

I'm not fit to be a mother.

May 14, 2009 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bakes said...

Wow - talk about kicking it up a notch!

May 14, 2009 at 3:36 PM  
Anonymous Karen said...

Holy Moly...that looks amazing! Brie and carmalized onion, yum!

May 14, 2009 at 4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo, this quesadilla sounds awesome with brie and the chipotle mango salsa! Great flavors!

May 14, 2009 at 8:55 PM  
Blogger Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

My goodness! I know what I would love to have for dinner tonight. :)

Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!

May 15, 2009 at 5:03 AM  
Blogger The Blonde Duck said...

I know what I'm having for dinner!

May 15, 2009 at 1:56 PM  
Blogger Ninette said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog to comment on the blueberry tart. Ile de France cheese is so wonderful. This quesadilla looks absolutely decadent!

May 17, 2009 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger Jennie said...

I just made these and they were fantastic! I love the brie and caramalized onions together, scrumptious! Thanks, Megan!

May 21, 2009 at 3:46 PM  
Blogger test it comm said...

These quesadillas sound so good! I like how much filling you got in them.

May 30, 2009 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Your pics are amazing. They definitely make me want to try these.

September 24, 2009 at 7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home