Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Chocolate Dipped Stuffed Strawberries

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Chocolate Dipped Stuffed Strawberries


Happy Mother's Day!


I'd like to wish my Mother-in-law, Isabel, a very happy day this Mother's Day.
Issy, I hope it's filled with family, good food,
and your favorite wine! :)
I sent you a little surpise!



And for the rest of you, I bring...

Chocolate Dipped Stuffed Strawberries!

First, wash your berries and dry them very well,
then cut a v slice out of the bottom.


You then pipe in your stuffing of choice.

I used a Mascarpone Cream here.




But I used a chocolate cheesecake here!



Then you dip them in chocolate cut side down first.




It's a nice surprise when you bite into them and find a little cream...

or cheesecake



I took mine to a wine tasting party.

Twice.


They went with wine perfectly!


Thank you and big hugs to April of Abby Sweets for this fantastic idea.
She sold hers by the dozen last Valentines Day. ;)


Mascarpone Cream
1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream
1/2 cup (125 ml) Mmascarpone*
1-2 Tbs (15-30 ml) sugar

* Mascarpone is an unfermented cheese from Italy, similar to cream cheese, that is available in the deli section of most supermarkets.

Whisk the ingredients together to form a thick, smooth cream. Refrigerate until ready to use. Makes about 1 1/2 cups (375 ml).

Enjoy!




Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous noble pig said...

I love filling my strawberries with the pre-made cheesecake filling!

Happy Day to all!

May 10, 2009 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bakes said...

I love chocolate covered strawberries, but have never had a cheesecake filled one. Sounds amazing!

May 10, 2009 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I love that you stuffed them, it's like a fun surprise inside! They look delicious.

May 10, 2009 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

How cool! I love that they are stuffed!

May 10, 2009 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

Looks awesome! I have never filled them before dipping either...something new I definitely will try!

May 10, 2009 at 5:11 PM  
Blogger Reeni said...

These take the chocolate covered strawberry to a new level! How delicious!

May 10, 2009 at 5:53 PM  
Blogger Patsyk said...

What a gorgeous treat! I'm jealous of the lucky recipients of these berries at the wine tastings!

May 10, 2009 at 6:23 PM  
Anonymous Big Boys Oven said...

Truely an awesome gift!

May 10, 2009 at 6:25 PM  
Blogger A. and M. said...

Strawberries and choccolate are my favorites..
Your job looks fantastic..
I must try..
GRAZIE

May 11, 2009 at 3:54 AM  
Blogger April said...

Hey Megan! These look great! I know they tasted great with the chocolate cheesecake and marscapone mix! YUM!

May 11, 2009 at 6:01 AM  
Blogger stephchows said...

OOOOO love the hidden surprise!! Totally great idea :)

May 11, 2009 at 7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How perfectly decadent - strawberries filled and dipped! Delicious!

May 11, 2009 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger Sarah R said...

This made me think of doing a cherry flavoured cream cheese stuffing for the berries before dipping in white chocolate... mmmm!

May 12, 2009 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Wonderful idea! I've dipped strawberries and I've stuffed them but I've never done both. What a great taste combination!

May 21, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home