Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Bourbon Pecan Tart With Chocolate Drizzle

Friday, November 23, 2007

Bourbon Pecan Tart With Chocolate Drizzle


It was thanksgiving,
and the house was as clean as could be,
The Christmas decorations came down from the attic, only not the tree.
The lights went up outside, despite the cutting wind.
The children are almost grown, so in Santa we only pretend.
Ma in her stockings, dad in his jeans
His only request was the green beans
Dessert for thanksgiving, what should it be?
There's only 3 of us to make happy you see.
So we had to have the molten cakes,
but also a tart I wanted to bake.
Then in the kitchen arose such a clatter,
I went to the window to see what's the matter.
Rich was loading the golf stuff, a game to play,
While Rudolph was busy playing in the hay.
As they took off, out of my sight,
I turned to my tart for another big bite.
I checked the newspaper for the big deals.
I'm not getting up at four, not even for those thrills.
The holiday is just around the bend,
I don't suppose you have any money to lend? Later that night, with my curlers wound tight,
I climbed into bed without even a fight.
We all had a belly full that went to our head.
As I fell into a deep sleep, I appreciated my nice warm bed.
On this Thanksgiving lets not forget, to say our prayers and be grateful a bit!


This is my entry for "Waiter, there's something in my..." hosted by Cooksister.




Bourbon Pecan Tart With Chocolate Drizzle

Cooking Light-Nov issue 2007

1 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup dark corn syrup
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2Tbsp bourbon
2Tbsp molasses
1Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 egg white
2/3 cup pecan halves
Pie dough
1/2 oz chocolate
cooking spray

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. combine first 19 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Stir in pecans. Poll pie dough into a 13 in. circle; fit into a 9in removable-bottom tart pan sprayed with cooking spray. Trim excess crust using a sharp knife. Spoon mixture into prepared crust. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely.
3. Place chocolate in microwave safe dish and microwave on high 1 minute. Stir till smooth. Drizzle over tart.




.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Nora B. said...

Hi Megan, terrific poem and tart. And what a bonus that this recipe comes from cooking light. Love that drizzle pattern you made on the tart.

November 25, 2007 at 12:15 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Ha ha - that's great! Like Dr Seuss does WTSIM :) And the tart sounds incredible... Thanks for daring to go topless for this month's WTSIM!

December 4, 2007 at 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home