Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.meganscookin.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Megans Cookin: Life is full of little surprises!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Life is full of little surprises!

I feel like it's Christmas around here! Today has been full of wonderful little surprises.

First, I took my daughter to Kohl's to get some new shorts. It hit over 100 degrees here and that means shorts! I got a coupon with my Kohl's bill and it was for an extra 30 percent off. I read it and I reread it. It was 30 percent of the total purchase. Sale, clearance, and regular prices. Nothing was excluded from what I saw. Soooo...

I finally got my Kitchen Aid!!!
$90.00 off the sale price. How could I not get it. I mean, really. And just in time to make my Daring Bakers challenge. How exciting for me! I truly believe ever DBer should have a KA.

Check it out. My sexy new shining chrome KA.
That baby will get some miles put on it.

Then coming home, I drive by the postbox and notice that the key to the box for packages is gone. Hmmm, could that key be in my mailbox?

So I unload my treasures and run to the mailbox.

Yahoo, a package for me!

Remember when I entered my Chili Verde with Sope recipe in the Tamale Open? The one that was hosted by Coco of Coco Cooks and Ben from What's cooking.

Well, I won. I receive this great Indian Soft Hammered Spice Box and 8 spice blends.
(Tandoori,
dried Thai Chilies,
Sansho seven spice blend,
Himalayan Pink Salt,
Quatre Epices,
Ras-El Hanout,
Chipolte Chili Powder,
and Panch Phoran).

Wow, what a package!
Check out the Tamale Open round-up at Coco Cooks.

In addition to my prize, Courtney sent me some of her fresh made canned goods.She sent me a wonderful looking Apricot Cherry Preserves with Vanilla Bean and a jar of her Watermelon Rind Preserves aka Glamah Rinds. You'll have to go read the story behind the Glamah Rinds.

A big, giant Thank You to Courtney for everything. I love the spices and the spice box. And I'm tickled to get to try your preserves!
People like you make the world a nicer place.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shiny is good! Mine is similar --it's the non-shiny/matte version though. I'm not responsible enough to keep shiny fingerprint free.

Enjoy both your mixer and the summer heat. We're cold here in Toronto!

May 20, 2008 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Megan..you've been royally blessed!! That baby is GORGEOUS!! I'm so happy for you..in both regards.. :)
Ciao!

May 20, 2008 at 5:09 PM  
Blogger glamah16 said...

You'll love that KA!I finally got mine for my my birthday and can't survive without it. Put the various attachmnets on your next wish list. Its raining surprises on you today.

May 20, 2008 at 6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo Whoo! A shiney chrome new kitchen aid, that is a thing to be celebrated. I can't wait to see what you cook up with it first...

May 20, 2008 at 8:28 PM  
Blogger April said...

What a great day for you!! I just love it when you get surprises! Love the KA!! I agree, every DBer needs one!

May 21, 2008 at 5:38 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Congrats on your Kitchen Aid and your prize package!

May 21, 2008 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

You will love, love, love your Kitchen Aid. What a great deal that you found. It looks so pretty in the picture! Enjoy and happy baking!

May 23, 2008 at 5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People like you make the world a nicer place like you.I like your presentation.Its really very nice.

May 24, 2008 at 12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!
that is awesome for you!
It hit the upper 90s here...blah

May 24, 2008 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

$90 off? Hey, I'd take it! After going through Dorie's book, I'm tempted to buy one myself.

May 27, 2008 at 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home